We use the best carbon and the best components in the aerospace market.
We have different combinations of finishes and frames to meet all your expectations:
There are 3 finishes:
1) Vernie Gloss: This is a Hight Gloss Laquered finishing , lacquered like glass.
2) Venie Matt: this is a laquered finish "to matter" the painted is not brilliant but rather slightly matt satin.
3) Vernie Satin Matt : c'est une version ssatiné matt , c'est la version DUCATI PERFORMANCE d'origine sur Ducati.
4) RAW Finish: no varnished, sanded just the resin, this finish is rather intended for competition motorcycle or eventually to receive a painting on any surface.
There are 2 Trame type (weaving the fiber):
1) 200P Standard Trame: the Trame of the most famous carbon is the original Trame on the Ducati and MV Agusta, for example.
2) 245T Trame Twill : it is a Trame that rotates 45 °, hence the name "Twill" is the original Trame on the latest BMW and several Japanese.
Our R&D team, in collaboration with leading research institutes such as Slovenia’s Jožef Stefan Institute, designs each FullSix part to be the optimal combination of composite fabrics, resins and lacquers. Here are some details about what we use for each FullSix fuel tank.
- Each part has a UV resistant finish that may be 120 to 150 microns thick. Prior to the application of the exterior finish, each surface is carefully cleaned and sanded for optimal grip.
- Each fuel tank receives internal coatings which are gasoline and ethanol resistant so that all surfaces that make contact with fuel are not affected chemically.
- Brass inserts are pre-laminated to prevent micro-corrosion. The geometry of each insert is studied to prevent the inserts from rotating or coming apart when under high stress.
- Internal tubing is the same multi-layered tubing used by OEM manufacturers. They are resistant to gasoline and are specifically designed to fit each fuel tank.
- To form a complete seal, a special insert is used between each piece of tubing and brass insert. For each seal, there are two viton O-rings and a locking mechanism, as used in the OEM automotive industry).